I’m obsessed with really good food, fun vacations, cool music, cheesy jokes and I really, really, really LOVE photography.

I am a photographer that works out of both New York City and Connecticut and I love shooting couples, engagements, weddings, kids & families, and I am always down to travel anywhere!

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Oh Canada!!

So I haven't really posted anything on my blog other than things about myself and my photography, but I came across something today that was so unbelievably AMAZING, I had to share it.
I have a serious obsession with reading a million blogs a day, mostly food ;-) or design blogs and of course various photographers blogs who are all over the country that I find inspiring for one reason or another. They are all amazing, I mean, I choose to read those particular blogs and not someone else's because I LOVE what THEY can do with a camera. But it has never struck me to then go ahead and spread the word, maybe with some of my photographer friends, but never with anyone else as I dont think other people are as obsessed with all things photography as I have become.

I just read my little blogs, drown myself in the pretty pictures and call it a day. But today, during my usual reading sessions, I bounced from blog to blog and somehow ended up on this(below). It was the most amazing/beautiful thing I have ever seen! And how it was created so non-traditionally was soo cool to me.

I am so fascinated by some photographers and what they can do with a camera, there are so many pictures Ive seen that are truly amazing, I love a picture that tells you an entire story from a lone single frame shot. With that, I was truly blown away by this photo/video team in Canada (too bad they aren't closer!), Still Motion photo & cinema www.stillmotion.ca, and though their photography is amazing, its their videography/cinematography that is honestly breathtaking. They shoot video not with the standard, but with DSLR's. I believe the one below was shot with a Canon 7D, plus a variety of prime & zoom lenses. My camera has a video feature but I haven't even bothered to use it, if I only knew!

I think every bride should have a video as beautiful as this to remember their wedding day by, it looks and feels like the coolest movie you've ever seen or some cool debeers commercial, but in reality its just some persons wedding video, their not famous, their not special, but these videos have the most amazing ability to make it seem like they are. And it was all created on a DSLR camera! I think every girl should have her moment to shine and everyone should have the opportunity to have such a beautiful reminder of their love, family and friends...this inspires me, it inspires my creativity and pushes me to want to be better.

terry + warren // royal york + le jardin sde from stillmotion on Vimeo.




angie + joseph // a san jose sde from stillmotion on Vimeo.

0 comments:

Post a Comment