I’m obsessed with really good food, fun vacations, cool music, cheesy jokes and I really, really, really LOVE photography.

I am a photographer that works out of both New York City and Connecticut and I love shooting couples, engagements, weddings, kids & families, and I am always down to travel anywhere!

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Lina + Greg | Surprise Proposal! Brooklyn

I always get a little excited before every shoot, but this shoot had my emotions in overdrive. My heart was literally beating through my chest. I was nervous, excited and could not sit still, and I was just the photographer!! Greg, an old family friend, had reached out to me about a month ago, he wanted to propose to his girlfriend Lina, and he wanted to do it in DUMBO, along the water at the Brooklyn Bridge Park. I, of course, loving all things Brooklyn and engagements, did not have to be asked twice. So we chatted and plotted a surprise proposal, where I would set up shop on the lawn at the park and shoot the entire proposal, secretly, at a distance all while the unsuspecting, Lina, received the surprise of a lifetime beside the Manhattan skyline.

natasha_montero-001

Greg had come up with a plan to treat Lina to a special dinner out at a restaurant they had been wanting to go to for some time in Brooklyn. He convinced her to go for a quick walk in the park, as they were too early for their dinner reservations,
We had planned earlier that I would be on the lawn of the park, and he would propose by the water, obviously he couldn't acknowledge that he saw me or knew I was there so this slick little "thumbs-up" was pretty hilarious to catch on camera.

natasha_montero-002

Once I saw the thumbs-up I knew the proposal was about to happen. They looked around, soaked in the view and he told her he had "good news" and "bad news". The "bad news" was there was actually no dinner reservation at Chef's Table, The "good news" was she in for a big surprise in about, 3...2...1...

natasha_montero-003
natasha_montero-004
natasha_montero-005
natasha_montero-001-2natasha_montero-002-2

Untitled-6
natasha_montero-700-2

After the proposal, he pointed out that the entire event had been captured on film and that I was sitting in the mix of park-goers. Lina later told me that the entire day was a total surprise and after Greg had told her the "bad news" of not having a reservation at Chefs Table, her first instinct was that the good news better be reservations at an even better restaurant! I laughed so hard, that was when I immediately fell in love with Lina, she is a girl after my own heart (& stomach).

I feel so lucky to have been apart of such an important day for these two. Plus I honestly was just as nervous and excited as Greg for the hour before the proposal, but in the end it was all so very romantic, and oh-so-sweet, I nearly died from excitement the entire time.

natasha_montero-005-2natasha_montero-006

natasha_montero-700-3
natasha_montero-701
natasha_montero-702
natasha_montero-014
natasha_montero-015
natasha_montero-016
Untitled-8
natasha_montero-017
natasha_montero-018
natasha_montero-019
natasha_montero-007natasha_montero-008


We then hopped on a water taxi and took a ride over to South Street Seaport, for some quick (newly) engagement photos before Lina's 3rd surprise of the evening, a special surprise dinner with all of Lina's friends and family, Greg had also whipped up. Gotta give the guy credit, he did an AWESOME job shocking and surprising his beautiful new bride-to-be!

natasha_montero-012natasha_montero-011

natasha_montero-009natasha_montero-010


Thanks again guys, and Congratulations!

natasha_montero-020

3 comments:

  1. Really cool to be witness of something like this :) Loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh! I'm such a sucker. I totally got goosebumps when I got to the photos of him kneeling w/ her hands over her mouth. Ahhh, so exciting! What an awesome evening to photograph. Congrats Lina + Greg :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. so cute right?!?!? I loved every minute!

    ReplyDelete